Clinical Counselors provide assistance and mental health assessments for children aged 13-17 who live in a temporary shelter for children.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other relevant behavioral science field in which clinical experience is a program requirement
• 1 + years of post-grad experience of clinical experience
• Must have clinical assessment experience, preferably in trauma and suicidal ideation.
• Clean criminal background check
• Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check
• Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
• Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct mental health assessments for all unaccompanied minors in residential care
• Provide individual and group counseling to children, mostly from 13-17
• Screen for human trafficking, abuse/neglect, trauma concerns
• Provide crisis intervention as needed
• Maintain case file and Database according to policies and procedures
• Report significant incidents according to policies and procedures
• Work closely with Case Managers