1st Shift – 8:00am – 5:00pm
2nd Shift – 11:00am – 8:00pm
The Case Manager is responsible for assisting with the reunification of shelter residents with their families throughout the United States. The shelter residents are children ages 13-17. Works under direct supervision on assignments that are moderately difficult; using judgment within limits of standard practice.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Experience with case management for children or adolescents
• Clean criminal background check
• Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
• Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate case management and family reunification services for children, mostly ages 13-17
• Initiate and maintain direct contact with each child and the child’s family while the child is in shelter care in order to efficiently advance the child’s family reunification and release the child from the facility
• Identify potential family members or other sponsors for reunification
• Facilitate the timely release or discharge of children to family members or other authorized caregivers and document the provision of services in each child’s case file.
• Support family members or other sponsors to assist them with understanding the process and the child’s needs.
• Assist with assessments of each child’s needs
• Assist with writing the Individual Service Plan for each child
• Report significant incidents according to policies and procedures
• Maintain case file and Database according to policies and procedures
• Work closely with counselors and Care Coordinators